5th Annual SHIFT Lab Conference
TELUS Spark | 220 St George's Drive NE
WHAT IS SHIFT Lab CONFERENCE?
SHIFT Lab conference cultivates and unleashes educators to their wildest potential. Discover innovative ways to empower students to take risks and persevere through adversity while creating a positive impact in the world. Learn new ways to design STEAM activities, assess collaborative learning, maximize the use of maker spaces and develop students’ resiliency and growth mindsets.
- Integrate Indigenous knowledge into classroom activities
- Empower students to be empathetic and resilient through design thinking and play
- Build an inclusive, brace space in the classroom and your workplace
- Engage students through PBL & conceptual-based learning
- Re-design learning spaces by authentically engaging and working with students
- Take risks, solve problems and innovate in STEAM labs
- Creating ethical spaces of cultural safety and humility for Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators
- ... and more!
Lunch is included with admission
|STUDENT w/ VALID ID | Code: SHIFTSTUDENTS||$20|
|2019/2020 SHIFT Lab COHORT||FREE|
|2018/2019 SHIFT Lab COHORT||FREE|
|INDIGENOUS EDUCATORS | Registration Code: NSERC2019||FREE|
403.817.6800 | SHIFTLab@SparkScience.ca