- SEPTEMBER 27
- 4:00 - 5:30 PM
Beyond Problem Solving: Design Thinking in the Classroom: How Holistic Design Can Empower You and Your Students
With Erin Quinn & Stephanie Bartlett
Design practices are evolving in response to the world. In the past, design was seen as a linear tool to identify and solve problems, but now it is understood in a more generous and holistic way. Join this workshop to learn how a holistic design approach can help build relationships and set the stage for an incredible year of learning.
This participatory workshop will examine questions such as:
- What is holistic design and how do we practice it?
- Why do relationships matter and how can these be cultivated to enable design?
- How can design uplift people to be empowered?
- How can design practices help you connect your students to curriculum?
- How do holistic design practices build collaborative communities between school and beyond?