Applications due February 25
Interviews take place February 26 and 27 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Camps Superstars are a key support for our staff leaders during TELUS Spark Camps. As a Camps Superstar, you are primarily responsible for helping to create safe, fun, and educational experiences for campers. If you love science, kids, fun, and are looking for ways to build your resume, this could be the right position for you!
This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring camp leaders to learn about and assist with camps logistics. The experience and training provided by Spark camps help to create a great foundation for future camp leaders and educators. As a camps volunteer, you will develop a wide variety of skills and have a great deal of fun!
A Camps Superstar might begin their day by leading a game. Then their group gathers and they help engage campers in morning activities. They help to supervise lunch time and have a break for their own lunch. In the afternoon, their group might go to a Dome show or see science demo, and then have another activity related to the theme of the camp. At the end of the day, they clean up and prepare for the next day.
- Camp dates: April 13-17
- Shifts run from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Commitment: volunteers are asked to commit to the full week, if possible, but we will also consider individuals who aren’t able to attend every day
- Creating fun, memorable, and educational experiences for campers age 5-12
- Prepping and cleaning up camp activity materials
- Assisting with delivery of and engaging campers during camp classroom activities
- Supervising campers in galleries, demos, and Dome shows to ensure a safe camp experience for everyone
- Fostering a positive and energetic environment
Desired Skills and Qualifications
This position is best suited for someone who:
- Is passionate about working with children and youth
- Is positive, enthusiastic, and confident, capable of engaging and motivating others
- Has excellent people and group management skills
- Has valid First Aid/CPR certification (a strong asset)
- Has previous experience working with children and youth (an asset)
- Has previous camp experience (an asset)
- Mandatory volunteer orientation: March 21 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Current police check (18+)