Are you courageous enough to lie on a Bed of Nails?
What gets your heart racing? What do you look like when you're startled? Take a drink from a toilet. Make a memory. Explore your body at a microscopic level. Be human.
Though all human beings have nearly identical DNA, each of us is unique. Being Human connects your one-of-a-kind personal experiences to fascinating science about who we are.
Discover the most fascinating people on Earth - you, your friends and your family. In the fall of 2016, ten new exhibits were added to the Being Human gallery. Check them out on your next visit:
- Bed of Nails: Test your resolve and overcome your fears by lying down on a Bed of Nails.
- Sip of Conflict: Take a drink from a toilet
- Surprise!: Discover what you look like when you're startled
- Seeing Change: Tell the difference between two very similar photos
- Blown Away: Step into gale-force winds
- Heart Beat: Physically see your heart rate beat out on a drum
- The Water in You: See how much water is inside of you
- Ah-choo: Take a peek, open the doors and get sneezed on
- Micro Eye: Explore the wonders of your body at a microscopic level
- Illusion: Take a look at some mind-bending optical illusions
Sponsored by CNOOC.