Visitors & Green Members | Prepaid Parking Pass Holders | Private Events | 30-Minute Free Parking | Gold & Ignite Members | Refunds & Appeals
Parking at TELUS Spark is managed by Calgary Parking Authority through ParkPlus. We are zone number 8310. Parking is always just $5 per day to be paid before you depart TELUS Spark. The first 30 minutes are free with activation of a free session at a ParkPlus pay machine on site.
How much does it cost?
How can I pay for parking?
As a visitor or Green Member, you can pay for your parking at TELUS Spark in several convenient ways:
Option A: Using your prepaid cell phone account:
If you already have a ParkPlus prepaid cell phone account, you can now use it at the science centre. When you register for a ParkPlus prepaid cell phone account, you have three options to pay for parking:
a. Call 403-537-PARK (7275) and follow the voice prompts to begin your parking session. Call the same number to end your session.
b. Text to park with the word "start" and the four-digit ParkPlus zone number. To end your parking session, text "end" and the ParkPlus zone number.
c. Download the free MyParking app for iPhone or Android and start and end a parking session directly from the app.
The zone number for the TELUS Spark parking lot is 8310. You will need this zone number if paying from a ParkPlus prepaid cell phone account. Your session will automatically end after 24 hours.
Please note: the phone number that is used to start the parking session must be used to end the parking session for all prepaid cell phone payment options.
CLICK HERE to create a prepaid cell phone account with ParkPlus.
Option B: At a ParkPlus pay machine:
Look for one of the solar-powered pay machines located outdoors, near the main entrance to TELUS Spark. At the machine:
1. Press PLATE.
2. Enter your licence plate number.
3. Make payment by either:
- Inserting coins ($2, $1, $0.25) until the $5 maximum fee is reached. Please note the pay machines do not provide change.
- Insert a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or AMEX) as shown on the front of the pay machine. Remove credit card when prompted.
4. Press the button for an optional receipt. A receipt is not required to be placed on the dashboard of your vehicle, but you may need one for your personal records.
Option C: Using the Virtual Pay Machine:
This free service allows anyone to securely pay for parking on-street or in any Calgary Parking Authority facility with their cell phone and credit card; no ParkPlus cell phone account is needed. All you need are these two things:
1. A smartphone to scan the QR code (with a QR code reader) or enter in the URL
2. A credit card (note that payment cannot be made with "Virtual VISA" or other prepaid cards).
To pay using the Virtual Pay Machine, follow these steps:
1. Scan the QR code or enter vpm.parkplus.ca into your browser.
2. Enter 8310 as the 'Zone Number' and then enter your licence plate information.
3. Select the amount of time you would like to park from the drop down menu.
4. If you would like a copy of your receipt emailed to you, enter your email address.
5. Review the details and then press 'Proceed to Payment'.
6. You will be redirected to a secure site to enter your payment information. After you have entered your payment information, you are done!
For more details and for a printable version of how to pay, please CLICK HERE.
What is the ParkPlus zone number at TELUS Spark?
The zone number for the TELUS Spark parking lot is 8310. You will need to enter this zone number if paying from a ParkPlus pre-paid cellphone account or using the Virtual Pay Machine.
When do I pay for parking?
You can pay for parking either at the beginning or end of your visit to TELUS Spark. Please ensure you pay prior to departing the Science Centre. Paid parking is in effect 24/7 at TELUS Spark.
Who do I contact for assistance?
For assistance related to all parking matters at TELUS Spark, please contact the Calgary Parking Authority at [email protected] or call 403-537-7275, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).
To activate your parking privileges, you must register your licence plate(s) at parkonline.calgary.ca, using your Parking ID printed on your Prepaid Parking Pass. Once you have registered your licence plate(s), you will be permitted to park one of your registered vehicles at TELUS Spark any time you visit with no need for further action.
If you are attending a private event at TELUS Spark and have received a parking code from your private event coordinator, please proceed to one of the solar-powered pay machines located outdoors. At the machine, press the EVENTS button and follow the instructions on screen.
Are you picking up or dropping off at TELUS Spark? To start a free 30-minute parking session, proceed to one of the pay machines located outdoors. At the machine, press the 30MIN button and follow the instructions on screen. Please note the 30-minute option is only available at the pay machines and not available for mobile devices.
Parking at TELUS Spark will continue to be included with all Gold and Ignite Memberships to TELUS Spark. Effective February 1, 2015, you must register your licence plate(s) through the Park Online system before your next visit to ensure you maintain your free parking privileges as a TELUS Spark Gold or Ignite Member. Once you have registered your licence plate(s), you can park one of your registered vehicles at TELUS Spark any time you visit with no need for further action.
How do I register my licence plate(s)?
Before you register, please locate your Member ID on the front of your TELUS Spark membership card (not the barcode).
Step 1: Sign up for a myID account with The City of Calgary
The myID account allows you to access many City of Calgary resources and services using one account. You do not have to be a resident of Calgary to create a myID.
You may already have an existing myID account with The City of Calgary. If so, skip to Step 2.
If you do not have an existing myID account with The City of Calgary, please follow these steps to create it:
1. Go to parkonline.calgary.ca.
2. Click on "Create a personal account".
3. Fill in the required information for the personal myID account. You will receive a confirmation that your account has been registered successfully and you will receive a temporary password by Email. Please note it may take up to 30 minutes to receive the confirmation Email.
4. Using the temporary password, sign in to your account. You will be asked to update your password and choose security questions. Once submitted, you will receive confirmation that your password has been successful changed.
5. You will now be able to sign in to your personal myID account and register your licence plate(s) as a TELUS Spark Member.
For more information about myID, please visit the City of Calgary website HERE.
Step 2: Register your licence plate(s) through Park Online
Please have your myID account login as well as your TELUS Spark Member ID or Parking Pass ID ready. To register your licence plate(s), please follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your myID account at parkonline.calgary.ca.
2. Click on "Calgary Parking Authority - Park Online System" (if you are not automatically redirected).
3. Click on "TELUS Spark Parking".
4. Enter your Member ID or Parking Pass ID in the "Member ID" field.
5. Enter your last name in the "Member Last Name" field, as it appears on the front of your membership card.
6. Click "Next".
7. Confirm and update your address and contact information for TELUS Spark Parking. Note: this will not affect any information associated with your TELUS Spark membership. Click "Next".
8. Enter up to two licence plates. You will receive confirmation that your licence plates have been added to the system. Click "Next".
9. Review all your details to ensure they are correct. Click the checkbox to indicate agreement with the terms and conditions and click "Submit".
10. To check which plates are registered to your account, click "TELUS Spark Parking" under Account Details on the Park Online homepage.
What if my licence plate changes?
Once your Park Online account is set up, you can log in to your account at any time to update your registered licence plate number(s). You can change the licence plate if:
- You have a new vehicle
- You need to bring a different vehicle for your visit to TELUS Spark that day
- You have a temporary rental car
To update registered licence plate number(s), please follow these instructions:
1. Sign in to your myID account at parkonline.calgary.ca.
2. Click on "Calgary Parking Authority - Park Online System".
3. Click on "TELUS Spark Parking" under Account Details.
4. Click on "Licence Plates".
5. Click "Edit" and update the appropriate field with your desired licence plate.
6. Once you have edited your licence plate, click “Update” to confirm your information is saved.
Please ensure you switch back to your own licence plate(s) afterward should any changes be temporary.
What do I do upon arrival at TELUS Spark?
If you have registered your licence plate(s) online, no further action is required to pay for parking at TELUS Spark. Do not pay for parking at a ParkPlus pay machine. Do not activate your parking session using a pre-paid cell phone account or you will be charged $5. No refunds will be issued. No exceptions.
If you have not registered your licence plate(s) online, you must register by midnight the same day to avoid a parking ticket.
How many vehicles can I register?
Two licence plates can be registered for each Gold and Ignite Membership. Please note that only one registered vehicle per Member ID is entitled to park at TELUS Spark at a given time. If you park both vehicles at TELUS Spark on the same day, you must pay for parking for one vehicle; failure to do so may result in a parking ticket.
Please note: You can register associated memberships under a single myID account. One parking application will be required per membership. This will allow you to register two licence plates per Member ID.
How long is registration valid?
Once you have registered your licence plate(s), you will maintain your parking privileges at TELUS Spark until your membership expires.
Where is registration valid?
Registration of your licence plate(s) under your TELUS Spark Gold or Ignite Membership permits parking in the TELUS Spark parking lot only. Your parking privileges are not transferrable to other ParkPlus lots around the city.
I just renewed my Membership... now what?
Existing Members who have registered their licence plate(s) with Park Online are not required to take action when they renew their TELUS Spark membership. All Members who have renewed their annual memberships can continue to use their existing myID account to make any required changes to their parking information, including updating their licence plate information.
Who do I contact for assistance?
Please note that TELUS Spark is not responsible for licence registration and is not able to edit your licence plate number(s) or access your Park Online account information.
Should you require assistance with signing up or accessing your myID account, please contact The City of Calgary by calling 311.
Should you require assistance with the Park Online registration process or accessing your Park Online account, please contact the Calgary Parking Authority by calling 403-537-7275, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).
No refunds will be issued for parking at TELUS Spark under any circumstance. No exceptions.
If you would like to appeal a parking ticket, please contact the Calgary Parking Authority at [email protected] or call 403-537-7100, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).