Category: Special Events
Monster Mash-Up 2015
Oct. 24 - 25, 2015
Join TELUS Spark this Halloween as we serve up some ghoulishly great activities!
When: Saturday October 24 10:00 am - 5:00 pm & Sunday October 25 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What to Expect:
- Mad Science Hall: Black light and glow in the dark gallery with an assortment of glowing hands-on activities and programs such as glow slime, shadow monsters, potions and more. Don't miss the glowing Petri Dish Painting with University of Calgary Biology Students.
- Pumpkin Decorating: Spook-up an ordinary pumpkin to make it frightfully extraordinary. Get your pumpkin in the Halloween spirit by making a customized costume for your jack-o-lantern.
- Sweet Treat Decorating: Trick-out some delicious treats.
- Live Science Demo: Spooky and explosive live science demonstrations at 11:00, 1:00 and 3:00 pm.
- 'A Peek at Parasites': Get creepy and crawly with the University of Calgary's Host Parasite Interactions Program. Get a close look at a parasitic worm, check out some specimens and ask scientists all of your questions about the fascinating world of parasites.
- Toy Mash-Up: Back by popular demand! Cut, sew and glue together new fuzzy friends from bits and pieces of previously loved stuffed animals
- Photo Booth: Wear your scariest costume and step into a slimy, green monster mouth photo booth that has been designed by local artists Caitlind and Wayne.
- Little Monsters: Visitors eight and under take part in monster story time, monster movement activities and a costume parade. 10:30 - 11:30 am.
- Voice your Costume: Are you a monster? A superhero? A ladybug? Find the voice of your costume with the Voice Acting Power squad.
- Shake it: Learn a part of Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance with Decidedly Jazz Danceworks at 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 pm.
- Front Row Centre: Enjoy a special flash mob performance by Front Row Centre.
- Take-home Treats: Plenty of delicious treats to take home when the festivities wrap up.
Included with Admission or Membership! Skip the queue:
|Brought to you by:|| Thanks to our media partners: