At TELUS Spark, we offer you a place to experiment and play. We are a place for people of all ages and abilities to let go and embrace the desire to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art, and math in a way that their normal lives don’t allow for. This is a place where you learn and discover for yourself what makes the world so undeniably incredible. We are a place where we live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment. To contribute to making TELUS Spark a different kind of Science Centre and help to define Calgary as the innovation and imagination capital of Canada, we are currently seeking Camp Staff to join our team.
**This is a contract position for February – March, which includes Day camps, Sleepovers, Spring Camps (March 25 – March 29). Candidates must be available the full week of Spring camps (March 25 – March 29) and for two full days of training on Saturday, March 16 and Saturday, March 23.**
Those who are successful in the Spring Camp position will be prioritized for Summer Camp positions (dependent on organizational need, performance & availability).
You will supervise and facilitate groups of youth at Day Camps, Sleepovers, and Week-long camps to ensure that Campers have a fantastic and safe experience exploring TELUS Spark. You will ask great questions, help guide, and keep our Campers safe as they explore our exhibits, take in Dome Theatre and Live Science Experiment shows. You will lead inquiry and skill-based activities and programs and be responsible for care and safe use of activity materials and spaces. You will also help support, work alongside, and direct our Camp Volunteer team.
- Supervise and maintain a safe and respectful camp atmosphere for a group of 20-22 Campers between the ages of 5 and 12 as they explore TELUS Spark spaces
- Work together with other staff and volunteers to set-up, deliver and manage materials for hands-on, themed, STEM activities
- Provide excellent customer service for camp parents while safely signing Campers in and out and providing updates on their Camper’s progress and behaviour
- Lead games and/or songs to help Campers get to know one another and have a fun-filled week at camp
- Develop positive classroom relationships and maintain high quality of programming with superior classroom management
- An interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM), facilitation, design thinking, and inquiry
- Experience leading and working with groups of children in a camp or classroom setting
- Highly empathetic and a demonstrated passion for inclusion and accommodation of different learning styles
- Skills in public speaking, customer service, delivering and developing programs is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and readily learn new skills
- First Aid certified or willing to acquire certification before starting
- Successful candidates will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume to Nathan Kostiuk, Supervisor of Camps and Youth Programs, with Camp Staff in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interviewing and selection will begin in mid-February and will continue until all positions are filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.