Guest Services Host
Applications due September 17
Interviews take place September 18 and 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
As a Guest Services Host, you will help make our guests’ Spark experience positively memorable. You will often be the first member of our team to connect with visitors and you will help them feel welcome and prepared to make the most of their visit. You will also help with pricing items and stocking shelves in the Spark Store. This position would be great for someone with an upbeat, positive attitude who enjoys interacting with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Schedule: shifts are 3-4 hours in length and take place during the day (9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sunday to Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday to Friday, and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday)
- Commitment: two or more shifts per month
- Greeting guests when they enter the building and thanking them as they leave
- Scanning tickets and membership cards
- Providing information about Spark's programs, demos, shows, and galleries
- Promoting and demonstrating Spark Store products
- Pricing product and stocking shelves in the Spark Store
Desired Skills and Qualifications
This position is best suited for someone who:
- Is energetic and outgoing
- Is a confident verbal communicator
- Is able to work independently
- Is organized
- Has customer service experience (an asset)
- Mandatory volunteer orientation: September 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Police clearance