Senior Development Officer
Join the Spark team to transform lives and inspire the future! And, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably fascinating. Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math through creative and entertaining experiences. If you would like to inspire yourself and others in this environment, Spark is currently accepting applications for a permanent Senior Development Officer to join our team!
The Senior Development Officer is a key member of the Development Team and coordinates the implementation of a comprehensive program to effectively solicit and steward gifts from Spark's highest level donors. This position plays a critical role in creating a culture of philanthropy by maintaining and enhancing the organization's relationships with major sponsors, donors, and foundations. The Senior Development Officer will be a transparent and collaborative team member who thrives in a workplace that strongly values integrity, collaboration, adaptability, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors and sponsors in support of the TELUS Spark mission. Apply fundraising ethics, principles and strategies as appropriate.
- Create unique and personalized touch points and strategies for major gift level supporters. Apply, evaluate, and adjust the strategies to successfully realize strategic opportunities and achieve annual goals.
- Play a leadership role in ensuring that all major donors in the allocated caseload are appropriately stewarded and engaged.
- Maintain accurate records of all funders, relevant deadlines, and reporting expectations.
- Implement engagement plans by effectively working across all Spark teams to implement, monitor and document all sponsor / donor relations activities. Conduct internal hand-off meetings and pre-clearance meetings as required.
- Contribute to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and personalized communications and experiences.
- Collaborate with Development staff and other Spark teams to identify and craft stewardship deliverables and engagement opportunities to showcase the impact of donor support. Monitor and conduct stewardship activities, including fulfillment reporting, recognition, ongoing updates / communication and lead all activation event activities.
- At least six (6) years of direct experience in fundraising or sponsorship
- Demonstrable track record in securing and stewarding sponsorships, grants, and/or philanthropic gifts at $50k+ level
- Effective prioritization & time management skills; ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Exhibit a high degree of diplomacy and discretion for all communications
- Possess a natural affinity toward collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail and fiscal oversight
- Related post-secondary degree
- Event management experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge NXT is an asset
- CFRE designation is preferred
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter, CV, and salary expectations, in confidence, to Michelle Regel, CFRE, Director of Development, with Senior Development Officer in the subject line to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Interviews will commence the week of June 17, 2019 and the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.