Manager, Business Development and Front of House
Join the Spark team to transform lives and inspire the future! And, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably fascinating. Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math through creative and entertaining experiences. If you would like to inspire yourself and others in this environment, Spark is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Manager, Business Development and Front of House to join our team!
This Manager, Business Development and Front of House will be a pillar of the customer experience at TELUS Spark. The Manager, Business Development and Front of House is accountable to discover and qualify potential new clients and build a client base from the prospects that they develop, that will increase revenue and growth of facilities, partnerships and programs. They will be responsible for contacting new and established lead sources, utilizing strategic selling skills to ascertain the prospect’s needs in relationship to TELUS Spark’s offerings, preparing and sending formal proposals and closing the sale and initiation the production/creative process with the production and creative team. The Manager, Business Development and Front of House is also accountable for the Front of House Team, and all Spark Retail Store Operations. This includes staffing, budgets, products, inventory, coaching and creating a world class level of customer experience and guest relations, working with other Spark partners to ensure a great customer experience is delivered at all times including the Dome experience.
- Ensure the Front of House and Spark Store team performance effectively supports the mission, long-term vision, and public brand of TELUS Spark, through excellence in world class customer experience and strong relationships with management.
- Provide input to the Director of Business Development and Marketing regarding ongoing plans, directions and strategies for the Business Development and Front of House teams. Ensure the team understand the directions and expectations associated with the implementation of the plans.
- Manage and propose necessary budget requirements for the Front of House and Spark Store team for the Director of Business Development and Marketing.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against objectives and against appropriate performance metrics. Establish, monitor, measure and report on performance metrics. Analyze and identify issues that are or will impact operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain connections with the Facilities Team, Facilitators, and all other departments.
- Develop a strong team of employees focused on world class customer experience, exploration, pride in their environment and team, and ensuring TELUS Spark continues to grow and evolve.
- Discover and qualify potential new clients and partners.
- Update and maintain new lead and account information in the company database, ensuring current and accurate company data, contacts and notes of interaction as well as proper coding of leads.
- Provide sales/marketing ideas and feedback to management. Implements and follows up on marketing projects as requested by management.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, regular coaching and development of their team.
- Regular planning, tracking, building and planning of budgets and targets to support attendance and revenue of programs, facilities rentals and gift store revenue.
- Stay current with organizational changes, initiatives, and vision. Lead and motivate his/her team around these.
- Responsible for providing assistance and information to visitors and staff, and processing admissions; school, group and program fees. Providing customer service to visitors, monitoring facility appearance and supporting other departments.
- All staffing and operations of Front of House team and Spark Store Team including, budgets, merchandising, strategy, standards, planning, campaigns, training, and more.
- A diploma in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Management experience, managing sales or a lead generating team.
- 2+ years of Sales experience, with a proven track record of high achievement against goals.
- Sales leadership to execute against assigned targets and analytical skills to make and support business decisions.
- Proven sales success.
- Proven success managing and leading a team.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions).
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and training of individuals and teams.
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Knowledge of CRM solutions (Salesforce.com) a plus.
- Restaurant experience/food service industry experience a plus.
- The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Pamela Todd - Director, Marketing and Business Development with “Manager, Business Development and Front of House” in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence by August 19, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.