Guest Services Representative
Join the Spark team to transform lives and inspire the future! And, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably fascinating. Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math through creative and entertaining experiences. If you would like to inspire yourself and others in this environment, Spark is currently accepting applications for a permanent part-time Guest Services Representative to join our team!
The Front of House Guest Services- Part Time is accountable for responsible for providing assistance and information to TELUS Spark visitors, and processing admissions; school, group and program fees. Providing world class customer service to visitors, monitoring facility appearance and supporting other departments.
- Greets the public, briefly orientating visitors to the science centre, programs and events.
- Processes admissions and any fees for programs, memberships and events. Cash handling involves all tenders and must be handled accurately and balance to zero at end of shift.
- Outlines activities, provides orientation information about the galleries, and provide directional services (e.g., bathroom, taxi, food service, etc.).
- Answers the facility telephone lines promptly when needed, answer inquiries courteously, and direct callers to appropriate staff offices and individuals as needed.
- Observes individuals entering the facility entrance and report any irregularities to Operations.
- Actively promotes and sells annual memberships to patrons visiting the facility, answering questions and providing detailed descriptions on benefits of becoming an annual member.
- Assists visitors to ensure parking credit is applied and ensure that they park in designate spots.
- Responds to emergency needs by monitoring status of facilities and taking steps to reduce or eliminate personal risk to visitors, in accordance with training.
- Reports all emergency situations to appropriate management staff or authorities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience in customer service and cash handling required.
- High school graduation preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Has an availability that is in support of the business needs. Flexible in availability and attends events to support their team.
- Familiarity with computer systems, point-of-sale systems
- Cash handling expertise.
- Merchandising experience and asset.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Pamela Todd – Director, Marketing and Business Development with “Part Time Guest Services Representative” in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by August 26, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.