Exhibit Gallery Volunteer
Shifts are typically half days (9:30-2pm/1-5pm). We are looking for volunteers for Saturdays and Sundays.
Join our amazing Exhibit Gallery Facilitation team here at TELUS Spark! As an Exhibit Gallery Volunteer, you will assist with the daily operations of the exhibit galleries, interacting with visitors and assisting our Facilitation team. You will have the opportunity to help run daily activities all throughout TELUS Spark, and you will play a key role in increasing our guests’ curiosity and knowledge while they experience all the Science Centre has to offer.
- Interacting with visitors: Approaching guests to welcome them or find out how they are doing, answering questions, playing with guests, encouraging guests with more difficult exhibits
- Enforcing rules and safety precautions: Monitoring exhibits, assisting on Lost Child procedures, knowledge of building emergency procedures and protocols
- Assisting Facilitators: Assisting in prepping and running scheduled programs, troubleshooting exhibit issues, advertising other programs running in the building, assisting with demos
- Assisting in the daily operations of the exhibit galleries: Material sorting and re-setting, tidy/clean, etc.
- Communication skills
- Enjoy working with people of all ages
- Ability to take initiative
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Willingness to take risks and try new things
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Problem solving skills
- Engaging to guests
- Experience with younger children is an asset
- Police clearance