Fund Development Volunteer
Flexible between Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm at TELUS Spark, with the option to work from home periodically
Did you know that TELUS Spark is a registered charity? Our Development department spends a lot of time on fundraising. If you are curious about what that entails, or if you have fundraising experience, apply today to become our new Fund Development Volunteer!
- Assist with the clean up the fund development database (Raiser’s Edge) such as check of duplicates and update contact details.
- Assist with prospect research (giving priorities, donation history, organization profile) based on the tools provided and draft the Prospect cultivation plan.
- Assist with grant research and update the overview of Top 20 grants and timelines;
- Assist with drafting or updating the 2-page opportunity summaries (based on TELUS Spark’s programs and projects).
- Assist with writing of stewardship reports; and
- Assist with management of the donation request mailbox (evaluation of donation request, prepare package, and more!)
- Familiar with database input, experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for research and writing summaries and reports
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Likes working independently and with a team
- Police Clearance