The culmination of over a decade of planning, design and construction to bring Calgary's new kind of Science Centre to life has lit a spark of wonder and excitement in Southern Alberta. Facilitators fuel curiosity. Exhibits and programs ignite a sense of wonder and excitement. Conferences and events act as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas. TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to let go and embrace the desire to explore and discover science, technology and art in a way that their normal day-to-day life doesn’t allow for.
It's a place to experiment and to play, with freedom and without consequence. Where you learn and discover for yourself what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible.
- Spark is a catalyst - it ignites a sense of wonder and fuels the imagination.
- Spark is a flash of inspiration - a sudden burst of curiosity that starts a fervent quest for greater knowledge and deeper discovery.
- Spark is a luminous insight - an exhilarating glimpse into life’s mysteries and most perplexing questions.
- Spark is a moment of sudden illumination - an unexpected revelation that makes the mind spin and the imagination soar – an ‘a-ha!’ moment.
- Spark is a brilliant idea - a new way of looking at, thinking about and understanding our world and our sense of place within it.
- Spark is a spark.
Wondering what sorts of experiences await you at TELUS Spark – Canada’s first new purpose-built Science Centre in more than 25 years? Here’s just a peek…
We are a role model and force for innovation that drives positive change.
A community transformed by a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and problem solving.
Since 1967, our organization has promoted curiosity, innovation and collaboration, and encouraged children and youth to pursue higher education and careers in science and technology. Calgary’s spectacular growth over the last decade has provided an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create a new, world-class science centre. October 29, 2011, TELUS Spark, the new Science Centre, opened near the intersection of Deerfoot Trail and Memorial Drive. TELUS Spark is Canada’s first purpose-built science centre in over 25 years. The $160 million project includes a $40 million contribution from the Government of Canada’s Building Canada Fund, a $40 million contribution from the Government of Alberta and a $40 million contribution from the City of Calgary. It is a different kind of science centre – a true resource for all Calgarians that will help define our city as the innovation and imagination capital of Canada. No other attraction in Canada offers the kinds of experiences in self- discovery available every day at the new TELUS Spark.
- COLLABORATION: We believe that encouraging debate and dialogue, embracing diverse perspectives, and that partnership with our communities results in better ideas and outcomes.
- CURIOSITY: We are always wondering, always questioning, always seeking to learn.
- COURAGE: We believe in innovative thinking and taking risks. We embrace change. Our courage to fail gives us the confidence to succeed.
- COMMITMENT: We are passionate about our mission and pursue it in everything we do and in how we do it.
- Jennifer Martin - President & CEO
- Marika Bourque - Vice President, Technology
- Barry Crean - Chief Operating Officer
- Devon Hamilton - Vice President, Content
- Maureen Henderson - Vice President, Marketing & Communications
- Alison Pidskalny - Vice President, Development
- Brent Poohkay – Chair
- Brent Allison – Vice Chair
- Don Kjosness – Corporate Secretary
- Rodney D. Gray –Treasurer
- Cam Bailey
- Mary Fong
- Lloyd Godfrey
- Brad Grundy
- Michael Koury
- Martin Kratz
- Michelle McKenna
- Jim Provias
- Rod Sousa
To request a copy of our Bylaws, email: firstname.lastname@example.org