TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas. TELUS Spark is currently seeking a number of Program Leader to join our team!
**This is a temporary position ending June 28, 2019.**
The Program Leader is accountable for developing and delivering K-12 school programming, camps, adult education programming (including, SHIFTLab for Educators and Innovation Experiences for organizations), and other educational programs as required. Program leaders are responsible for maintaining a clean and safe learning environment, coordinating daily activities with teachers and other stakeholders, both internal and external. This position will engage closely with the Education team to develop and delivery of key programs.
- Deliver and lead inquiry based K-12 education programs highlighting curriculum connections for various ages, skills and abilities.
- Deliver and lead learning programs for a variety of audiences (family, corporate, adult, children) with various skills and abilities ensuring all learning objectives as defined are met.
- Develop, brainstorm, pilot and provide feedback on new education and learning programs as required.
- Welcome and greet the visiting groups outlining expectations and being a guide to a successful day resulting in an exceptional experience.
- Constant and continued learning and excitement about Education and Learning programs, teaching techniques, and inquiry based learning.
- Ongoing skill development.
- Ensure performance effectively supports the mission, long-term vision, and public brand of TELUS Spark, through excellence in K-12, camps, and adult education programming.
- Work closely with others to build an exceptional experience for clients and guests at TELUS Spark.
- Knowledge of the content of galleries and programs (science, art, and technology concepts), and the ability to successfully engage learners with this content in a manner that support the mission, vision, and learning philosophy of TELUS Spark.
- Ability to positively influence other team members to achieve program development and delivery goals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other TELUS Spark groups to meet objectives, creatively solve issues, anticipate challenges and respond to opportunities.
- Maintain a clean and safe learning environment.
- Minimum two-year post-secondary credential from a recognized post-secondary institution (or equivalent), preferably in Science or Education.
- Bachelor degree in Education and/or Science is a definite asset
- Experience teaching children and youth.
- Experience in adult education is an asset.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate or higher is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluency in a second language is a definite asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Manager, K-12 Learning, Zack Anderson with Program Leader in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date: End of day on March 8, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.