Assistant - Payroll & People
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a temporary full-time Assistant, People & Payroll to join our team for approximately 12 months.
The Assistant, People & Payroll is accountable for numerous daily activities related to payroll and human resources administration.
- Data entry of new hires set ups into payroll system
- Create new hire packages and ensure proper set up for all new hires
- Payroll processes
- Review and submit payroll GLI to finance for processing
- Process terminations and issue ROE’s
- Maintain employee files
- Coordination of internal training program
- Maintain and update organizational charts & seating plans
- Coordinate uniform processes
- General administration including but not limited to maintenance of lunchroom cleaning schedule, meeting room upkeep, booking conferences and travel for staff, taking minutes
- Other duties as assigned
- Formal training in payroll or 2 years of experience with payroll functions
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools and products
- Demonstrated passion for customer service, human resources and administration
- Energetic self-starter, with the ability to adapt quickly, readily learn new skills, and work confidently without supervision showing consistent initiative.
- Confidence to work independently and with a team.
- Confidence to act as a role model and leader for others.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multitasking abilities
- Experience or formal training in human resources or office administration is an asset
- Previous experience with payroll systems is a definite asset
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Robin Biagioni, Director – People & Culture with Assistant, Payroll & People in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by February 13, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.